IWF UK is one of the largest and longest established forums of the global IWF organisation. Founded in 1989, it is a unique network of women of achievement across all areas, from science and technology to the arts, business, charities, education, government, healthcare and media. Membership is by invitation.
We advance women’s leadership through:
- Conversations with top women speakers at our high-quality events, sharing their professional and personal experiences
- Publishing our members’ leadership stories
- Connecting through the global IWF network with 7,000 accomplished women leaders in 33 countries
- Collaborating with initiatives such as One Loud Voice and Cranfield’s
- Female FTSE Report, on gender equality and women on boards
- Supporting next-generation women leaders via special events, such as our Mentoring Walk, Emerging Leaders Network, and IWF’s global
- Fellows Program, featured in Forbes Sept 2019
- Showcasing women leaders on our social media @IWFUKwomen #IWFLeadsChange
- Providing each other with support, advice and connections
The roll call of members past and present includes many women who have been honoured for their pioneering work. Baroness Denton, celebrated rally driver and the first woman Minister for Northern Ireland, was a co-founder and our first Chair. Renowned journalist Katharine Whitehorn CBE was another co-founder, as was Barbara Hosking CBE, speechwriter to Prime Minister Harold Wilson, whom we are delighted to have as a member still today.
Among our current members are:
- Lynne Berry, CBE, Chair, Human Tissue Authority and Sustrans
- Tamara Box, Managing Partner Europe & Middle East, Reed Smith LLP
- Dr Caroline Campbell, Director of Collections and Research, The National Gallery
- Janet Cooper OBE, Deputy Chair of the RNLI and Vice Chair of Roehampton University
- Professor Cynthia Pine CBE, Dental Public Health, Queen Mary University of London, and Visiting Scholar Queen’s University, Belfast
- Marty Wikstrom, Board Director, Fortnum & Mason, Johnstons of Elgin, The World Wide Web Foundation
IWF UK members have access to the members of all forums within the IWF global network, which comprises more than 7,000 dynamic women leaders in 33 countries. We promote the international agenda and benefits of the broader membership of IWF through participation in the IWF programme, including two major global conferences each year, one in North America and one elsewhere in the world.